Friday, January 1, 2010

A new year, a new blog

Greetings,

I'm JP and I've been running a blog on my first hobby of choice, gaming, for a few years. I've done a pretty good job of posting a few times a week on life and gaming, but over the last year, I've had a few significant changes to my life and body.

To reflect those changes and to keep me motivated, I hope to use this blog to post my exercise and food consumption activities on a fairly regular basis.

In May of 2009 I had Gastric Bypass surgery. I had reached over 318 pounds and I needed to take an extreme measure to get my weight and life back in control. The surgery was a great success with only one minor set back. When I got cleared to work out again, I hit the gym pretty hard, but it wasn't until October that I hooked up with a few guys that were doing a serious functional fitness program called Cross Fit. Since then I have lost at least an additional 6% body fat and have never felt stronger.

To keep me moving in a positive direction both in diet and exercise, I have decided I'm going to try and put it out to the universe on my progress here on the blog in attempt to have some sort of Karmic accountability in my fitness life.

So...

Weight: 212 (per Dr. Office on the 29th w/ shoes and clothes)
Body Fat: 25.6% (per BodPod test on the November 19th)
Height: 5' 9"

The 'plan' is to post the previous day's food consumption and that mornings work outs on the same post... Kind of a mix, but you got to eat it all to report it all.

jp

No comments:

Post a Comment