Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Sumo Deadlift Max Efforts

Saturday night I dumped...  First time in a looong time.  I guess BBQ ribs are NOT back on the menu for me.  Who knew?  After being ill, I slept from 6pm to 6am.

Sunday = Rest day with a light walk with the wife and dog

Monday

Dynamic Warm-up

Sumo deadlift max effort
Reps of 5 (135#) - 5 (165#) - 3(225#) - 3(255#) - 1(265#) - 1(285#) - 1(295#) - 1(305#)

The 305 beats my regular deadlift record (300#) so I was pretty excited. 

Followed by a 5 min as many rounds as possible of 95# clusters.  Clusters are cleans followed by a front squat (or a squat clean) followed by a thruster (push press from the bottom of the squat).  Every time you rest with the weight on the ground or drop the bar or hands move from the bar you owed four burpees post workout. 

 I only got 14 clusters.  Lots of resting in the rack position dropped the bar four times had to do 16 burpees.  This exercise just stunk to high heaven...  Not my friend.

jp
2 of 100

No comments:

Post a Comment