Saturday, November 20, 2010

Living History Trail Run

Didn't work out Friday.  No real excuse.

Saturday I participated in the Living History Farm's Trail Run, against my better judgement.  Start time was 29 degrees, but it warmed up to the high 30's during the race!


My knee is shot.  Body aches.

7 miles of trails, streams, hills, mud in 1:59:27.  I made it under the two hour mark which is great for me considering I had just planned to walk it.  Unfortunately my competitive side came out and I jogged the first four, then did a combo walk/jog through the ugly part of the course that was as much mud as wet.

7500 folks made it crowded but there were lots of costumes and people watching was good despite the freezing cold.

jp

Edit: Found a pic of me in the mess of pics...  That is me in the grey jacket and dark grey cap, looking thoughtfully at the mud on the hill wondering if my knee will survive a slippage.
 Pic courtesy of http://www.dsmweather.com/easyblog/entry/dsmweathercom-living-history-farms-race-recap

No comments:

Post a Comment