Saturday, April 3, 2010

12K Run

Saturday I participated in a 12K run at Platte River State Park, The Ni-Bthaska-Ke race put on by the Team Nebraska Runners Club.

Ouch...

I've never run that far before, well, I guess you could call what I was doing running early on, but later it was more like walking.  The first 2 miles of the course was very much single file trails which caused some back-ups at times, but was very fun on the way out...  It being the last miles on the way back...  Not so much.

Jen was kind enough to hang back with me and was a great motivator, but I felt bad that she didn't push herself more and just let me flounder.

My goals were to not finish last and to finish under 2 hours, 30 minutes.  I accomplished both goals with four others still on the course when I finished and coming across the line at 2:09:10.

Next years goals...  Really?  Next year?  Is to finish in sub 2 hours and be able to get some of the roast pork that I missed because it was all gone when I made it to the club house!

When I got home, PJ took me to lunch, but I really couldn't eat much, had some chilli and a very small slice of pizza.  Got home and took a bath (hot not cold like I was told to do) had some more Tylenol and took a nap for an hour and a half.  Woke up starved and finished last nights burrito while we watched the second disk of Rescue Me.

Good day.

jp

No comments:

Post a Comment